HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you vote for an Independent Candidate?
Yes
60%
 60% [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I would consider researching it
40%
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
BobW.Hargis
Pollytician

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:10 am

Hello all, I just found this forum on a top list site. My name is Bob. I am a 2008 Independent Presidential Candidate. It looks like some interesting conversations have taken place on this site. Fell free to contact me at www.hargis.info

I would like to engage in good clean political conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert
Administrator

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:15 am

Welcome to Polly, Bob. tip hat

If you want to start a conversation about your campaign and policies, please start a new thread.

It will be good to hear from a USA 2008 Independent Presidential Candidate. thumbs up

Bob, would you be willing to post a pic of yourself and start a thread in the International Politics section? And then, I expect that Polly's members and myself would begin to take you seriously.

Good luck. thumbs up

Last edited by on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sellaman.50webs.com/
BobW.Hargis
Pollytician

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:26 am

Albert wrote:
Bob, would you be willing to post a pic of yourself and start a thread in the International Politics section?
Good luck. thumbs up

I have some pics posted at http://www.hargis.info/pics

I will try to start a new thread tomorrow when I get some time
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:46 am

Bob.....Thanks for the link to your pics! They look good.
Back to top Go down
rightasrain
Pollytician

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:18 am

Great to meet you by the way!! Quite amazing having a candidate on
here. You need to educate us Aussies, or maybe it will be the other way
round Big Grin
Looking forward to reading your new thread and hearing what you have to
say and seeing WGOBTS (what goes on behind the scenes lolol....)

By the way, great site Bob! As Time magazine said once, every candidate
should have a site and this is where George Bush really lagged behind
at the beginning. Have no idea if he has a site now and not
particularly interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobW.Hargis
Pollytician

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:38 am

Unlike some politicians, I have a real full time job, so I have limited time. What would you like to discuss?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:47 am

Bob. I had to delete and edit some posts in this thread.

The main thing in the 2008 elections is to get America back on it's feet again. To try and restore the damage Bush has done. To help change the way everyday Americans think, for the better. This may be an impossible task but it's still worth trying.

Only a democrat or a republican will win. The republicans are much more corrupt than the democrats but I would rather see a democrat win.

You could be of better assistance to your country if you joined the democrats rather than run as an independent. Even if you would make a better president than anyone else, there is no point in voting for you because you could never get enough votes to win unless Bill Gates decides to donate you X$Billion dollars.

It's like a game of chess. If you want the best for America , then you have to play the game by the (corrupt) rules and get the best of the worst man elected as president.
Back to top Go down
PB
Pollytician

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:56 am

BobW.Hargis wrote:
Unlike some politicians, I have a real full time job, so I have limited time. What would you like to discuss?

What would you like to discuss?

What's your opinion on :

Iraq war?

death penalty?

nuclear energy?

George WWW3 Bush getting inpeached or (bettter still) tried for war crimes?

the other threads on this site?

freedom of speech?

guns?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:00 pm

PB, you'll find the answer to most of those questions on his web site. But if Bob would care to expand on them , then that would be good.
Back to top Go down
PB
Pollytician

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Albert wrote:
PB, you'll find the answer to most of those questions on his web site. But if Bob would care to expand on them , then that would be good.

No, actually, I checked out his site and when I checked, many links didn't exist.

There are topics that I've brought up that aren't addressed on his site.

So, I shall look forward to observing some clear responses and resultant interactions.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobW.Hargis
Pollytician

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:10 am

Albert wrote:
Bob. I had to delete and edit some posts in this thread.

The main thing in the 2008 elections is to get America back on it's feet again. To try and restore the damage Bush has done. To help change the way everyday Americans think, for the better. This may be an impossible task but it's still worth trying.

Only a democrat or a republican will win. The republicans are much more corrupt than the democrats but I would rather see a democrat win.

You could be of better assistance to your country if you joined the democrats rather than run as an independent. Even if you would make a better president than anyone else, there is no point in voting for you because you could never get enough votes to win unless Bill Gates decides to donate you X$Billion dollars.

It's like a game of chess. If you want the best for America , then you have to play the game by the (corrupt) rules and get the best of the worst man elected as president.

I hope we can peacefully disagree. First, no one will have to worry about wasting their vote on me. If I get on the ballot in every state, then I am a viable candidate, then the votes will not be a waste. If I do not get on the ballot on every state, then I am not a viable candidate and no one will have the opportunity to vote for me. I have the challenge of making it to a point to make me worth voting for. As for the two parties, I have no desire to bend my beliefs for either side.

A major purpose of my running this campaign is to help people see the corruption and unfairness of the system. People like you are already familiar with this problem, but many out there think things are just fine, because they pay little attention to what is going on in the world. If all I accomplish is informing a few people as to the need for change and giving them some hope that we can create change, then my work is done. Will I become President? Maybe not. Have I opened some eyes to the fundamental issues of a corrupted Government? Yes I have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobW.Hargis
Pollytician

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:38 am

PhukEmAll-BushIdiot wrote:
BobW.Hargis wrote:

What would you like to discuss?

What's your opinion on :

Iraq war?

Get out as soon as possible while maintaining a safe exit strategy for our soldiers. Defer military power used overseas to homeland security.

death penalty?

Personally don't believe in it, but 70% of America does.
The President should be the voice of what the American people want. If I was assured that Americans support the death penalty, then I would recognize it as their will. It would not change my personal viewpoint.

nuclear energy?

This is a broad question. Developent, research, safety, restrictions, what would you like to discuss?

George WWW3 Bush getting inpeached or (bettter stillatried for war crimes?

I see no point in wasting millions of dollars and the focus of the nation to impeach another president, only to end up doing nothing about it anyway. It would take years of sorting through evidence, assuming it could even be completed in a non-biased manner. Even if it could be done in a reasonable time frame, in the end, impeachment does not mean that any action will be taken or that he would be removed from office. In the meantime we would further demonstrate our disunity to the world, making us more vulnerable than ever to scrutiny and violence.

the other threads on this site?

I still need to read some more of them.

freedom of speech?

If I didn't believe in the freedom of speech, then I would not have communicated further with you after you called me a c**t. It is the right to speak freely that makes this nation great. Those that are offended probably carry a chip on their shoulder.

guns?

I believe in the Standard Model (or Individual Right Model) of the second amendment as opposed to the States' Right Model (or Collective Right Model).

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:10 am

Bob, let me make myself a clear as possible.

In Australia , PM John Howard has destroyed all the good that Australians believe in. He is a Liberal. There are 2 major parties. Liberals and Labor.

I always vote Greens , who are a minor party. Maybe you could call them and Independent Party. The Greens stand for everything I believe in, eg; the environment, no wars, help for the poor etc.

This year I will not vote for the Greens because it is more important to get rid of our current PM. If I vote Green then it means that there is one less vote to get rid of our PM.
I have to make my vote count so I will vote Labor. Labor is almost certain to win the elections later this year but I want to make certain they do by voting for them.

Everyone in Australia has to vote for Labor and not waste a vote on a minor or independent party if they want to make sure that the evil Regine of PM Howard is ended.

When Labor has won and they are sure to win again in the next elections then I will vote Green or an Independent.

This applies for you also. Every American should vote for a democrat because they all stand for an end of the Iraq war. If they vote for you then there is a chance that the Republicans will win again and America will still remain in the same mess it is now.

I know what you are doing is good but I believe it's better to channel you energy in making sure that a Republican is not elected again.
Back to top Go down
BobW.Hargis
Pollytician

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:56 am

Albert wrote:
Bob, let me make myself a clear as possible.

In Australia , PM John Howard has destroyed all the good that Australians believe in. He is a Liberal. There are 2 major parties. Liberals and Labor.

I always vote Greens , who are a minor party. Maybe you could call them and Independent Party. The Greens stand for everything I believe in, eg; the environment, no wars, help for the poor etc.

This year I will not vote for the Greens because it is more important to get rid of our current PM. If I vote Green then it means that there is one less vote to get rid of our PM.
I have to make my vote count so I will vote Labor. Labor is almost certain to win the elections later this year but I want to make certain they do by voting for them.

Everyone in Australia has to vote for Labor and not waste a vote on a minor or independent party if they want to make sure that the evil Regine of PM Howard is ended.

When Labor has won and they are sure to win again in the next elections then I will vote Green or an Independent.

This applies for you also. Every American should vote for a democrat because they all stand for an end of the Iraq war. If they vote for you then there is a chance that the Republicans will win again and America will still remain in the same mess it is now.

I know what you are doing is good but I believe it's better to channel you energy in making sure that a Republican is not elected again.

Yes, you have a very good point. Regardless of who is elected, we are fortunate that Bush will no longer be in office here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   Tue May 01, 2007 8:54 pm

BobW.Hargis wrote:
I see no point in wasting millions of dollars and the focus of the nation to impeach another president, only to end up doing nothing about it anyway. It would take years of sorting through evidence, assuming it could even be completed in a non-biased manner. Even if it could be done in a reasonable time frame, in the end, impeachment does not mean that any action will be taken or that he would be removed from office. In the meantime we would further demonstrate our disunity to the world, making us more vulnerable than ever to scrutiny and violence.
It's very important that impeachment proceedings begin immediately as well as putting Bush on trial as a war criminal immediately.
That would be money well spent as it would help help to demonstrate the USA's unity to the world, making the USA less vulnerable to scrutiny and violence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate   

Back to top Go down

Bob W. Hargis - Independent Presidential Candidate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1